Basic Sococo Requirements
A key preparation step to ensure an overall good team experience is to confirm each team member satisfies the basic Sococo requirements outlined here:
Supported Web Browsers
Always use the most recent version of Chrome.
Sococo will support the current version and 1 previous major release of Google Chrome.
Network Connection with Adequate Bandwidth
At the very minimum, Sococo requires a download speed of 5 Mbps and upload speed of 2 Mbps. See knowledge base article on Speed Test.
Supported Operating Systems
Sococo supports the current version and the 2 previous major releases of these operating systems:
- Mac OS X
- Linux (any modern distribution that is supported by Google Chrome)
Supported Mobile Operating Systems
- Sococo's Mobile App supports Android O/S versions Android 4.4 KitKat and later
- Sococo's Mobile App supports iOS 9 and later
- Any quad-core processor
- Integrated laptop camera or USB web camera
Note: Other devices, like virtual cameras, may not work
- The first time a user tries to share their screen, he/she will be prompted to install a Chrome extension.
- A user must “allow” Sococo to access his/her microphone and camera when using video and audio for the first time. Sococo will prompt this "allow" step. Here's how to manually change camera and microphone permissions to allow access.
- Delivering Sococo over a virtualized desktop is not a supported or recommended configuration.