Share Your Screen
You will soon find yourself quite naturally sharing your screen to support conversations with colleagues. What's especially cool about screen sharing in Sococo is that multiple people can share screens simultaneously, making the experience feel very collaborative. There's no overhead to launch and no need to pass the presenter "ball" or control from one person to another. One person can share the Jira board while the other shares her code.
Note: The very first time you launch Sococo screen sharing, you will need to install a Chrome extension, which takes a few seconds to do. Then, you are on your way!
To launch screen sharing:
- Click the share screen icon in the top nav bar.
- Select the application you want to share. You can share your entire screen or any other currently running application. When you share an application, others will only see the app. When you share your entire screen, others will see your entire desktop, any applications running, notifications that pop-up, top-secret chat messages etc.
- The first time you may fumble around a bit, but you'll soon get the hang of it.
The trick is layering: arrange the application you are sharing ON TOP of the Sococo application (Desktop App or browser session) such that you can still see the top
ribbon of thumbnail images.
- To stop sharing, click the screen share icon in the top nav bar to toggle screen sharing off.
Screen Sharing Tips
- Tip #1: If you are working from a Chrome browser session, run Sococo in its own window so that you can share other browser-based apps from a separate window that you can layer on top.
- Tip #2: You can switch views between concurrently running screen sharing sessions by clicking on the thumbnail images in the top ribbon.
- Tip #3 : Avoid creating a "Hall of Mirrors". This effect is created when you share the Sococo app itself. In essence you are sharing your Sococo app sharing the Sococo app sharing the Sococo app ... and on and on. This usually happens when you forget to layer the app you want to share on TOP of the Sococo app. To stop the madness, click on the tri-fold map icon (the grey circle in the middle top of Sococo).