Configure In-App and Desktop Notifications
Sococo will notify you of the comings and goings of your teammates in your space, as well as other key activities, such as when you receive a chat message, someone knocks on your room, the door in your room opens/shuts or someone "gets" you, inviting you to join them in their room.
Some people love the rich visceral sense of work going on around them that notifications provide. Others find notifications annoying. The good news is that each user can configure Sococo notifications to their liking. You can turn on/off all notifications, or selectively adjust the events for which you want a notification to display and/or make a sound. You can even control the volume of notification sounds! In addition, users can enable Sococo to send desktop notifications so you don't miss activity that's important to you when Sococo is not the application in focus.
Here's how to configure Sococo notifications:
- Click the hamburger icon to expand the options panel.
- Select Settings, then Notifications.
Note: By default, all Sococo notifications and sounds are turned ON, with the exception of "Users come online or go offline". Desktop notifications are NOT enabled by default.
- Check the first checkbox to enable Sococo to send desktop notifications so you don't miss activity that's important to you when Sococo is not the application in focus.
[ X ] Enable desktop notifications
- If you want desktop notifications to also display when Sococo is the app in focus, check the second checkbox to show desktop notifications when Sococo is in the foreground. By default, desktop notifications are only displayed when Sococo is not in focus in the foreground.
[ X ] Show desktop notifications when Sococo is in the foreground
- Next, you can selectively turn ON/OFF notifications for particular events and configure whether or not you want a sound to also play. You can adjust the volume as well.