Slack-integrated Spaces: People Pane Labs Phase 4
For Slack-integrated spaces in Labs Phase 4, here's what you need to know about the:
- Slack hashtag
- Finding Slack channels & group chats
- How Recent conversations work with Slack channels
You will see the Slack hashtag used to identify:
- Slack contacts connected to this Sococo space, who are also members of the space, but currently not online in Sococo. These people are still available to you to message or "get" from Sococo because they are online in Slack
- Slack contacts who are not members of this Sococo space. From Sococo, you can message them and see if they are online or offline
- Slack channels and group chats
Finding Slack Channels & Group Chats
You can use search to find Slack channels and/or group chats. When fewer than 5 matches are found, they are displayed as one-click action cards. If more than 5 matches are found, the results are displayed in a filtered list.
As shown in the screenshot below, from a one-click action card you can:
- Click the Star to add/remove a Slack channel (or group chat) to/from Starred
Note: Updating Starred is bi-directional; your Starred list in Slack is also updated when you update it from Sococo, and vice versa.
- Click Open channel chat to post a message to a Slack channel from the Sococo chat box
How "Recent Conversations" work with Slack Channels
Good news: lots of activity in your Slack channels won't reduce the relevance of your Recent conversations.
Slack channels are added to the top of your Recent conversations list only when you post directly to them or you are @ mentioned.