Sococo uses your operating system's camera default to determine which camera to use. The following are some troubleshooting steps for you to try if your camera is not working.
- Right-click on your avatar and choose "refresh your media." This option prompts Sococo to check again for your operating system's default camera. You can also try a Ctrl+R (Windows) or Cmd+R (Mac) to do a full refresh of Sococo, or leave the room and re-enter it.
- In Sococo, click the gear icon in the upper-right corner. Under the Camera section, try cycling through any options that are listed in the drop-down field. If Sococo detects your camera, you should also see a video preview of yourself in the Camera section.
- In your Chrome browser, go to https://www.onlinemictest.com/webcam-test (do NOT download anything at this site--simply go to this page to test your camera). Allow Chrome to use your camera when prompted. You should see yourself in the large box in the middle of the page. This will let you know if your computer currently detects your camera.
- If you typically work out of the desktop client, try logging into Sococo through your Chrome browser (check to make sure you have the latest Chrome browser version by going to the Chrome menu in the upper-right corner > Settings > About) at app.sococo.com (or your organization's custom URL) to see if your camera works there. Be sure to allow Sococo to use your camera when prompted (or confirm that it is already allowed by clicking on the little lock icon just to the left of the web address).
- If you are working through your Chrome browser, click the little lock icon just to the left of the web address and make sure your camera is allowed under Permissions. Also, if it has been a while since you have fully exited your Chrome browser, try exiting Chrome and reopening it to see if this resolves the issue.
- Sometimes other programs can "reserve" the camera if they are running at the same time as Sococo. Fully exit out of any of these programs, then right-click on your avatar in Sococo to choose "refresh your media" to see if your camera is now working.
- Check to see if your camera's driver/firmware is up to date. If you are using an external external camera, look for driver/firmware downloads on the manufacturer's website, or ask your company's internal IT helpdesk to assist you with checking this information (for a built-in or external camera).
If you are still having trouble with your camera, please contact Support through your ≡ menu icon at the top left of Sococo > Report a Problem.