Sococo will use your operating system's default speakers unless you choose another speaker option. To change speakers, click the gear icon in the upper right corner of Sococo and cycle through the options under the Meeting Audio section.
The following are some troubleshooting steps for you to try if you are unable to hear meeting audio.
- Make sure that your headphones are toggled on in the Sococo toolbar and showing on your avatar, then click on the gear icon in the upper right corner of Sococo. Under the Meeting Audio section, try cycling through the options in the drop-down list.
- Go to https://www.onlinemictest.com/sound-test (do NOT download anything at this site--simply go to this page to test your speakers). Follow the instructions to click the left and right arrows to see if you hear sound through the expected speakers.
- If your computer has a mute button for speaker output, check to make sure it's not on.
- Mac Users: Go to your Mac's System Preferences > Sound > Output and check to make sure your speakers are not muted.
- Windows Users: Right-click on the volume icon in your Windows task tray (typically this is in the lower-right corner of Windows by the date and time). You will see either Playback devices or Open sound settings (depending on your version of Windows). If you see Playback devices, click on this option and then, in the pop-up window that opens, double-click on your speakers in the list. If you see Open sound settings, click on this option, then below Choose your output device, click on Device properties. In the Speakers Properties window, go to the Levels tab. Check to make sure that your volume is turned up and that the speaker icon does not show a circle with a line through it (if it does, click on this icon to unmute your speakers).
If you are still unable to hear audio, please contact Support through your ≡ menu icon at the top left of Sococo > Report a Problem or live chat available through the blue question mark icon in the lower-left corner of Sococo (enter the word "chat" and then click the live chat button available M-F 8a-8p Eastern time).