The location of the Outlook Plugin varies somewhat depending on what version of Outlook you are using (2007 vs. 2010), as well as what version of Windows you are using.
This article provides three ways to check if the Outlook plugin is installed correctly.
Here are three ways to check the installation.
Check If You Can Embed Content in an Email
In either Outlook 2007 or Outlook 2010, do the following:
- Create a New Mail Message.
- On the main ribbon bar, you should see an Add Page button under the Postwire Logo (Blue 'P').
- Enter your login credentials (if prompted).
- Choose an Existing Piece of Content or Add a New Piece Content.
- Press Add and you should see a thumbnail and clickable text link inserted in your email.
- Send a test to yourself or someone that can confirm they see the Postwire Page correctly.
Check If the Plugin Is Activated in Outlook
- Load the Add-in Manager.
- In Outlook 2007, go to Tools > Trust Center > Add-Ins.
- In Outlook 2010, go to File > Options > Add-Ins.
- Confirm that the Add-in called PostwireOutlook is in the list.
- Select COM Add-ins at the bottom of the screen and press the Go... button.
- Confirm that the Add-in called PostwireOutlook is checked (which means it is currently Active in Outlook).
Check If the Program Is Installed Properly on Your Machine
- Go to your Windows Control Panel.
- Load Programs (or Add/Remove Programs or Uninstall Program, depending on your Windows version)
- Confirm that Postwire Outlook Add-In is in the list.