As an Admin, you have the access to customize your brand's URL and see that it is reflected in the Postwire which you and other members of the same Organization create. The new branding functionality can best be understood by showing the default product behavior followed by the new behavior with the Organization Branded URLs feature turned on.
This article provides the difference between the default Postwire behavior and the behavior after turning on the Organization's Branded URL feature.
Turning on this feature changes the Postwire default behavior in three ways:
- The URL which is publicly displayed for all Postwire pages which your users create will be set to include your organization name.
- The Postwire logo is removed from the top navigation bar when a Page is viewed by a registered user who is logged into Postwire.
- Email notifications for Pageviews and comments will include your organization logo, not the Postwire logo.
This feature does not change the branding on The Postwire Daily Digest, the communication email rolling up all Page activity (new content added & comments) from the prior day.
Default Postwire Behavior
The default Postwire behavior is:
- By default, the URL for each Postwire page created is in the format:
- While logging into Postwire, users see the Postwire logo at the top left corner of the navigation bar when they view a Page.
Note: The customers may have registered for Postwire in order to receive notifications when the Page you shared is updated. This includes any customer to log in to Postwire to view Pages. By default, anyone who is logged in to Postwire, when they view a page, they will see the Postwire logo at the top of their screen as shown below:
- A comment email looks like:
[Note: The Postwire logo appears (NOT your organization logo)].
Behavior of Turning on Organization Branded URL Feature
Administrators can optionally turn on the Organization Branding URLs feature by following the steps:
- Click on the Settings icon on the top-right corner and from the drop-down, select Organization.
- Navigate to Members > Branding > Turn on Organization Branded URLs?
- Add the Custom Organization URL.
Once the feature is turned ON,
- The URLs for all pages you create will include your organization name (or the name that you set for this feature) in the URL in this format:
- When a registered user logs in to view the page, to minimize the Postwire branding, the Postwire logo will not appear in the top left of the navigation bar as shown below:
- The Page invite is still branded with your organization URL— as it always is by default.
- With the Organization Branded URLs feature turned ON, the Page view and comment alerts are also branded with your organization logo: