As an administrator, it is possible to enable the writing of Postwire page view activity to Marketo by specifying the Marketo Account Id and Marketo API Private Key on your Organization's Tracking settings page for integration purposes. This article provides the general steps required to achieve this.
- Log in to Postwire.
- In the gear icon on the top-right corner, select Postwire, Inc. Organization.
- In the left-hand menu, under Organization, click on Tracking.
- Add the Marketo Account Id and the Marketo API Private Key in their respective field, as shown below.
- To obtain the Marketo Account Id and Marketo API Private Key, log in to your Marketo instance.
- Navigate to Admin > Integration > Munchkin in the left-hand menu. The Marketo Account Id and Marketo API Private Key are displayed under the Tracking Code window, as shown below.
- If you do not have an API Private Key already established, you can create one. Under Munchkin, scroll down to API Configuration and click on Edit. The Edit API Configuration window appears.
- Set the key in the API Private Key field and click Save.
Marketo tracking works only if the Postwire invitation is sent using Postwire's built-in Share mechanism, not when using the Postwire Outlook or Gmail plug-ins.
The URL of a Marketo-tracked Postwire contains the invitee's ID.
If the Lead already exists in Marketo (based on the email address), the Postwire view event will be recorded for the existing Lead. Otherwise, a new Lead is automatically created in Marketo for the Postwire view event.
Postwire activity is currently only tracked at the page view level in Marketo. Views of individual content items are not yet followed in Marketo. See the below example of a Postwire view event in a Marketo Lead record. Note that the Marketo Activity Log shows the Postwire URL for the page view event instead of the Postwire title.
Now the tracked Postwire page view activities will be written into Marketo.