Chat history is saved locally on your device, and it can be configured to be persistent or to clear every time you log out. Chat can persistent across different sessions if configured so. That way chat history will be saved and visible when logging out and into Sococo.
You can configure your Chat History settings from the General Settings page.
Chat History Settings
- Click on the menu icon.
- Click on Settings.
- Select the General tab from User Settings.
- Select if the chat should persist across sessions by turning On or Off for the option Persist chat messages across sessions.
Once this setting is turned on, the Sococo app locally stores your chat history (it will store approximately the last 200 messages for each chat).
Chat History Limitations
- Chat history is stored locally on your computer and is specific to the client you are using. What this means is that if you sometimes log in to Sococo through your Chrome browser and sometimes through the desktop client, your chat history does not carry over between the two. It is stored in the cache for the specific browser/app.
- This also means that your Sococo chat history will not carry over when you log in to Sococo from a different device.
- If your team is using Slack integration, you can use Slack chat - Slack chat history will sync across sessions and clients.