The default setting for chat history is OFF. This means that your chat history will be cleared each time you log out of Sococo. You have an option to change this and to have your chat persistent across different sessions.
This article provides information on how chat history is stored and steps on how to manage the settings.
- Click on the menu icon to enter the Options pane.
- Click on Settings.
- Select the General tab from User Settings.
- Select if the chat should persist across sessions by turning On or Off for the option Persist chat messages across sessions.
Once this setting is turned on, the Sococo app locally stores your chat history (it will store approximately the latest 200 messages for each chat).
- Chat history is stored locally on your computer and is specific to the client you are using. What this means is that if you sometimes log in to Sococo through your Chrome browser and sometimes through the desktop client, your chat history does not carry over between the two.
- This also means that your Sococo chat history will not carry over when you log in to Sococo from a different computer.
- If your team is using our Slack integration, chat history with other Slack users and channels will sync across sessions and clients.
Also, read the article: Frequently Asked Questions About Chat to understand the common queries and the steps to resolve them.