There are several levels of access and permissions for Sococo users. Certain user privileges are applicable to different parts of the application and allow different levels of settings. To make changes on the Organization level, the user needs Administrator privileges, and to make changes on a Space level a user needs Moderator privileges. All other users in Sococo have Member privileges.
Every user can have different privileges for different Orgs and Spaces. As you can be part of multiple Organizations and have many spaces, the settings are different for every Org and Space.
At the Organization level, users can be Administrators or Members.
At the Space level, users can be Moderators or Members.
Administrators are users who are granted full privileges to edit settings impacting all spaces and members in the Organization. Only Administrators can:
- create and delete spaces
- manage billing information
- change password requirements
- manage administrator access for other users, etc
To become an Administrator, an existing Admin needs to grant you the privilege.
Moderators are Users who have space-level administrative privileges. They have the following privileges:
- They can edit the space by changing the map and setting the space name
- They can add or remove members from the space
- Moderators can grant and revoke Moderator privileges to and from other users in the same space
Moderator role can be granted to users from Space Settings, by an existing Moderator or Administrator.
- Members are users who are invited to join a Sococo space and given access to move around and interact with the other users in the same space.
- This is the standard level of access most of Sococo users should have, which allows users to use all the features of Sococo, but prevents settings modifications.