Imagine standing up in your cubicle and scanning the office crowd to look for your colleague. They may be in the lunchroom, on the phone, or working on a project desk. Using Spotlight lets you search for Sococo team members and locate their workspace location. Avatars will be highlighted on the Sococo map showing you more details such as their Sococo name or Sococo initials and the task that they are working on.
This article will provide tips and more information on how you can find your team members easily by using Sococo spotlight.
- You need to have permission from the Administrator of the Sococo space to view and search for colleagues. This is enabled by default. However, in some rare cases, a moderator or administrator might disable this privilege.
- Sococo web app is best launched from the latest version of the Google Chrome browser. Other browsers may not have the same interface and user features of the app.
- Search for a person by typing the name or email address in the Find field, right below the menu icon.
- If a Sococo member is located in the same workspace, the background of your workspace will go dark and the avatar of the member you are searching for will be highlighted.
Got a lot of teammates with the same name? A maximum of five avatars with similar Sococo names, who are online can be highlighted on the Sococo map.
Tip: Use more granular search criteria (like first and last name) to find the user you are looking for.
- Use Spotlight when you land in the lobby (of another team's workspace) and cannot spot the person you came to meet. With colorful avatars and many rooms, you can rely on Spotlight to scan the map for you.
- Use find, or if you can see the user on the people pane, right-click on the user's Sococo name and use Spotlight to find the exact workspace and team room they are in.