In Sococo, more than one member can be granted administrator privileges.
You may, for example, also want to grant Administrator privileges to the IT Lead working with IT to configure the network, or, perhaps, to establish an Administrator for each department or division to create new spaces for their teams upon request.
Using the Member Management Menu, any current Administrator can follow the steps in the next section. The admin can search by name for the Member they want to promote to an organization or space admin.
This article demonstrates the steps for promoting a regular member or user to an administrator for the Sococo organization.
- Administrator access to the Sococo organization or Sococo space where the users to be edited belong.
- Click the menu icon to expand the Options pane.
- Select Settings.
- Select Member Management.
- Search for the Member's name whom you want to promote to Administrator.
- Click the pencil icon from the same row as the username and email address for the specific user.
- Click the drop-down menu in the Administrator privileges field of the Member's profile.
- Select Administrator to switch the role.
That's it - your edits in the Member Management tool take effect immediately. There is no Save button or other steps required. The roles can be switched and toggled just by selecting between options from the drop-down menu of the Administrator privileges field.
To confirm if you have set the correct user privileges, check the field, Administrator privileges, as pictured below.