The Dial-Out feature allows you to bring teammates, guests, conference bridges, and more into your Sococo office using a phone call. This article describes the process of:
- By default, the Dial-Out feature is not enabled when you create a new account. Please reach out to our support team to enable this feature for your Sococo office.
- The Dial-In feature is not implemented in the application. Currently, it is being considered as a future enhancement.
Follow these steps to call a participant:
- Right-click on the name of the room or room area and select Dial a phone participant.
- Enter the name (optional) and the phone number of the person or conference line that you want to call.
Note: At the moment, the Dial-Out feature only supports calls to Canada, Guam, Puerto Rico, and the United States.
- Click PLACE CALL.
Note: If you only want to test the feature, you can use any test phone number, e.g., 1-800-444-4444.
- When the meeting attendee answers the call, a new avatar with a phone icon appears in the room. The new attendees will be able to hear and speak to everyone in the room as if they were present in your virtual office.
Note: This feature is used to add users as guests over the phone line to your room. Your avatar and further communication still depend on your media settings. Use your microphone and speakers to speak and hear the attendees connected over the phone line.
Disconnecting the Attendees
At the end of the meeting, right-click on each attendee's avatar and select Hang up on <username>.
If you are unable to disconnect the attendees for any reason (for example, the avatar is missing, or the menu is not appearing), use the Send everyone home option as described below.
- Right-click on the room area and select Send everyone home.
- Click END MEETING to disconnect all the guests.