Slack Integration, by default, allows all members of the integrated Slack team to join Sococo without invitation. In Slack Integration settings, there is an option to configure if an invitation is required for Slack members to join Sococo teams. If this option is enabled, Slack team members will need an invitation to join Sococo. Any Slack member who tries to log in without invitation will get an error stating that they haven't been invited to join the team yet.
To configure if an invitation is required for integrated Slack team members to join Sococo, an administrator or moderator will need to make changes by following the steps below:
- At the top left corner of the Sococo app, click on the Menu button
- From the menu that opens on the left side of the app, click on Settings
- Under the Integrations section, click on Slack Integration
Note: If you do not see the Integration section, make sure you have the required role
- Toggle the Invitation Requirement setting on the Slack Integration settings window.
- On - Slack team members will require an invitation to join Sococo space
- Off (default) - Slack team members will be able to join Sococo space without invitation, simply by using their Slack credentials to log in to Sococo
When the option to require an invitation is off, any Slack team member will be able to join Sococo by logging in with Slack credentials.
When the option is on, only Slack team members that are invited will be able to join. If member is not invited and they try to login to Sococo, they will receive an error.