Holding external meetings in your Sococo workplace allows you and your distributed team to work synchronously in your online office across a variety of platforms. An external meeting is a video meeting launched in third-party platforms such as Webex, Skype, and Zoom directly from your Sococo online office. This article lists the steps to host external meetings in Sococo.
- Right-click on the room name or room area where you would like to host the meeting and select Connect to external meeting.
- The Connect to External Meeting window will open.
- Copy the meeting URL from the third-party video conferencing provider and paste it on the Meeting URL text box.
- Click on the START MEETING button to launch the external meeting in your browser.
Note: Your teammates can also join the meeting with the following steps:
- Get your teammates into the room where you are hosting the meeting.
- Once they are in the room, they need to right-click on the room name and select Join external meeting.
- To end the meeting (and return to your usual Sococo workplace), right-click on the room name and select End external meeting. (Don't forget to close the 3rd party application as well).
- An icon will appear next to the room name communicating that an external meeting is in progress. (It’s a powerful nudge to those that are late to the meeting.)
- Sococo audio, video and screen share media will be disabled for those in the room while the external meeting is in progress.
- There is no need to turn on your microphone or video in Sococo, just launch the external meeting and get to work.
- The chat will be available throughout the meeting, allowing you to share links or send messages in your Sococo workplace.