Sococo notifies you when teammates join or leave your space, as well as other key activities, such as when you receive a chat message, when someone knocks on your room, or when the door in your room opens or shuts or if someone attempts to "get" you, inviting you to join them in their room.
You can turn all notifications on or off. You can also select the events for which you want to get notified, with or without a sound, allowing you to change the volume levels of notification sounds.
This article shows the steps on how you can configure in-app and desktop notifications for Sococo, both for the web app and native desktop application.
To configure Sococo notifications, follow these steps:
- Click the menu icon to expand the options panel.
- Select SETTINGS.
- Click on Notifications.
- Review the options for notifications and set it according to your preference on how you want to get notified.
NOTE: By default, all Sococo notifications and sounds are turned On, with the exception of Users come online or go offline. Desktop notifications are NOT enabled by default.
Tips for Setting Notifications
- Tick the first checkbox to allow desktop notifications so you will not miss important activities when Sococo is not the active application window.
[ ✓ ] Enable desktop notifications
- If you want desktop notifications to keep displaying even if you are already in Sococo, tick the second checkbox for show desktop notifications when Sococo is in the foreground. By default, desktop notifications are only displayed when Sococo is running in the background.
[ ✓ ] Show desktop notifications when Sococo is in the foreground
- Next, you can selectively turn the notifications On or Off for particular events. Configure it whether or not you want a sound alert for the notification. You can adjust its volume too.
- Additionally, if your desktop notifications are disabled, a notification appears on the app for you to either ENABLE or OPT OUT.
- By selecting ENABLE, you can enable desktop notifications. OPTING OUT will snooze all notifications.
A confirmation message stating "Desktop notifications enabled." will be displayed after successfully toggling the enable (tickbox) or on and off switch buttons for the notification. The confirmation message is similar to the image below.