Sococo allows users to express themselves by allowing some customization to their profiles. The avatar and profile can be customized to match your name, your nickname, and how you want it displayed when attending meetings in Sococo's virtual rooms.
It is possible to set your profile feature and change some preferences regarding your avatar's color, Sococo name, and initials. If this is not enough, you can also switch your user interface to your preferred language among English (default), Japanese, Russian or Portuguese.
This article will provide more information on the items that are found in your profile, how to edit the profile and customize your avatar.
- Always use the most recent version of Chrome as this is the only supported web browser for Sococo Web App.
Sococo Profile Contents
Clicking Edit profile will open a window with your Profile Information which will allow you to edit the following information:
- Avatar color - Sococo allows you to customize your avatar's color, where you can pick from a 70-color palette selection.
- Sococo name - how your name appears in all Sococo interactions whenever your spot in a Sococo office is zoomed in.
- Sococo initials - a shorter version of your Sococo full name so that you can still be recognized among similar-looking avatars when a Sococo map is zoomed out. This field accepts a maximum of 3 characters.
- First and last name - your full name on how your organization recognizes you in the company records. This has your first and last name, respectively.
- Language - Sococo allows you to select your preferred language for the interface.
To edit your Sococo user profile, you need to enter the Edit your profile menu.
You can reach it in two ways:
- Directly from your Sococo profile's avatar:
Right-click (Control-click on macOS) the avatar and select Edit your profile.
From the menu icon:
Click on the menu icon.
Select Edit your profile.
Changing the Avatar Color
- Sococo allows you to express yourself with the feature to change your avatar color. Just click the avatar and pick a color for yourself.
2. Click Save.
Updating Profile Information
- Set the Sococo Name that is associated with your avatar and displayed when the map is zoomed-in by clicking the Long name field.
Your Sococo name is also displayed in full whenever someone hovers over your avatar. If you do not set this, your name will default to being the "name portion" of your email address.
Tip: To avoid confusion between people with the same first name, most organizations establish a naming convention for using first name plus last name's initial on their Sococo names.
Set your Sococo Initials as an abbreviation (up to 3 characters) to be associated with your avatar label when the map is zoomed out. This will be displayed when your Sococo Name is too big to be displayed.
Keep in mind that automatic abbreviation does not always result in the most uniquely identifying or even flattering abbreviations! That is why users are allowed to choose their own abbreviations and set them in their profiles.
Set your first and last name.
Determine the application's language (This defaults to English and other language options include Russian, Portuguese, and Japanese).
- Be sure to click Save to apply the changes.
- Right after you click Save, the changes will be applied to your profile.
- Revisit your Sococo profile.
- Check if your Sococo name, First and last name, Sococo initials, or the preferred language and avatar color have been updated.