Not all Sococo roles can remove other members from the application. Depending on the level of access you have, you need to use either the Member Management (remove the member from the entire organization - Administrators) or the Space Settings Tool (remove a user from one Sococo space only - Moderators and Administrators). Usually, users are removed from a space for relocation purposes to another floor or Sococo map.
This article provides information on how to remove members from a single space and how to remove someone from the entire organization.
- You need to be the Administrator of the Sococo organization to remove users from the whole organization.
- Only Sococo organization administrators and space moderators can remove users from Sococo spaces.
Removing a Member from the Organization
A Sococo administrator can remove any member from the organization following these steps:
- Click the Search icon on the Member Management page.
- Type in the username or the email address of the Sococo member.
- Click on the pencil icon ().
- Click REMOVE FROM ORGANIZATION.
Removing a Member from a Sococo Space
A space moderator or organization administrator can remove a member from the specified space using the Space Settings controls:
- Click on the menu icon () on the top left side to expand the options pane.
- Select Settings.
- Select Space Settings.
- Search for the space where the user must be removed by using the Search field at the top.
- Click on the pencil icon () next to the Sococo space.
- In the Edit Settings for Office (the space) screen, scroll down and expand the Membership dropdown menu.
- From the Membership menu, look for the user (for removal) from the list.
- Click on the Remove button of the user.
Note: The removed users might still appear in your recent conversations or starred contacts. In that case, you can remove them by right-clicking on the name and selecting Remove from list/starred in the People view.
If the user is successfully removed, they no longer appear in the User List of the Sococo Organization. You can verify it by following these steps:
- Go back to the Member Management Tool.
- Check the User List.