Not all Sococo roles can remove other members from the application. Depending on the level you want to remove a member from, you need to use either Member Management (remove the member from the entire organization) or Space Settings Tool (delete a user from one Sococo Space only). Usually, users are removed from a Space for relocation purposes to another floor or Sococo map.
This article shows the steps for removing members from a single space and for deleting someone from the entire organization.
- You need to be the Administrator of the Sococo organization to delete users from the whole organization.
- Only Sococo organization administrators and space moderators can remove users from Sococo Spaces.
- Modification of administrator settings must be done either from the Sococo desktop client or Sococo web app.
- Sococo web app is best launched from the latest version of Google Chrome browser. Other browsers may not have the same interface and administrator features of the app.
Removing a Member from the Organization
A Sococo administrator can remove any member from the organization following these steps:
- Click the Search icon on the Member Management page.
- Type in the username or email address of the Sococo member.
- Click the pencil icon to edit the specific member for removal.
- Remove from organization.
Removing a Member from a Sococo Space
A space moderator can remove a member from the specified Space using the Space Settings controls:
- Click on the menu icon on the top left side to expand the options pane.
- Select Settings.
- Select Space Settings.
- Search for the Space where the user must be removed using the Search field at the top.
- Click on the edit icon (pencil) next to the Sococo Space.
- Once in the Edit Settings for the Space (Office), scroll down and expand the Membership dropdown menu.
- From Membership menu, look for the user (for deletion) from the list. Click the Remove button inline with the username.
Note: The deleted users might still appear in your recent conversations or starred contacts. In that case, you can remove them by right-clicking on the name and selecting Remove from list/starred in the People view.
If the user has been successfully removed, it will no longer appear in the User List of the Sococo Organization. Check it by following these steps:
- Go back to the Member Management Tool.
- Check the User List.