Hotkeys are shortcut keys that can be used in Sococo to quickly launch common Sococo commands and functions such as toggling the microphone, teleporting your avatar to the home room, toggling your status to busy, or find people, and many others.
Key combinations are predefined and enabled by default using the Alt key for Windows (or Option key on a Mac) as the modifier key, plus one other key. You can change or disable Hotkeys for your own use.
This article shows the steps on how you can modify the assigned keyboard shortcuts for the hotkeys or if you want, you can also disable the shortcuts.
The default Hotkey combinations and the Sococo functions and applications are:
|Alt+G||Return to Home Room|
Reminders When Using Hotkeys
- Hotkeys only work when running Sococo either from your Chrome browser or the native Desktop App.
- The Alt key is used as the default modifier (rather than Windows' Ctrl or Mac's Cmd keys, as used before in Sococo Classic) to avoid known conflicts with other Hotkeys already being used in Chrome, such as Ctrl/Cmd + T to launch a new tab or Ctrl/Cmd + L to jump to Chrome's address bar.
- The Sococo app must be the active window in order for Hotkeys to work.
To change or disable Hotkeys follow these steps:
- Click the menu icon to expand the Options panel.
- Select Settings.
- Select Hotkeys from User Settings.
- Review the current Hotkeys.
- You can change the current shortcut key combination by clicking on the CHANGE button. It will remove the current shortcut and allow you to add a new hotkey.
Alt is set there by default, but you can use Shift or Control too.
- To disable Hotkeys, click DISABLE for each Hotkey.