Members can invite others to join them in their room in the Sococo space. The invited user will receive a notification that a member is trying to "get" them. Once the invited user accepts, they will be moved to the meeting room.
The member who is being invited needs to be:
- a member of the Space or a guest
You can invite any member from your Space to the room you are currently in. It can be done directly by clicking from the map or using the People page on the left side of your app or from Chat.
Asking Members to join you in your Room
From your Space Map
- Find the member you want to invite. If it is a big space with many users, use the Sococo Spotlight.
- Right-click on the user's avatar and select the Get <username> option.
From People Pane
You can invite avatars that are Starred in your People pane, or that you recently communicated with.
- Find the member you want to ask to join you in your room on the People pane.
- Right-click on the member, and click on Get <username>.
You can ask users to join you in your room while you are on the Chat with them.
On the chat window, click on the GET option to ask them to join you.
Accepting or Declining Invite to join the Room
The invited user will receive a pop-up notification, asking them to join you in the room.
- If the user accepts (by clicking on the LET'S GO button), they will immediately be brought into the room.
- The user can also decline the invite by clicking NOT NOW or by clicking outside of the Invite prompt. The invitation will be automatically declined if there is no reply for 5 minutes.
Once the member accepts the invitation, you will see them in the same room where you are located.
Note: The "Get" notifications are visible for 5 minutes only. Then, if they are not answered, the notification will expire, and a note will be added to the chat with the name of the user that sent the invitation.