Network connections can make call quality and performance drop. When this happens, the ability to conduct voice calls, share screens, and watch videos can be impacted. You can do a network test to get a general idea of your connection quality and speed for optimum Sococo app performance.
This article provides instructions on how to check if you have the required network quality to run Sococo, either as a native Desktop app or from a Chrome browser.
To prepare for the network test, follow the steps:
- Exit your browser(s) completely. Close all browser tabs and windows
- Open a single Chrome window for the speed test
- Ensure that any application aside from the browser, that may access the Internet are closed or in an idle state
Regional Network Test
Test your network connection:
- Go to SpeedTest (or any other internet speed test tool)
- From the speed test site, click the Start/Go/Test button
- Once the test finishes, review the results and compare them to requirements:
- The ping/latency of 150ms or less.
- A minimum of 5 Mbps download speed.
- A minimum of 2 Mbps upload speed.
AWS Network Test
As Sococo is using AWS Chime as a service to provide embedded media, you should be testing latency to AWS server regions too.
- Go to AWS Cloud Ping
- Start the test by clicking on HTTP Ping
- Once the test completes, review the results and make sure that there is at least one region that meets the requirement of 150ms or less.
If some of the requirements are not met, you need to change or improve your internet connection provider/packet.