Network connections can make call quality and performance drop. When this happens, your ability to conduct voice calls, share screens and watch videos can be impacted. You can do a network test to get a general idea of your connection quality and speed for optimum Sococo app performance.
This article provides instructions on how to check if you have the required network quality to run Sococo, either as a native Desktop app or from a Chrome browser.
Performing a Network Speed Test
- To run a network test, exit your browser(s) completely. Close all browser tabs and windows.
- Then, open a single Chrome window for the speed test.
- Ensure that any application aside from the browser, that may access the Internet are closed or in an idle state.
- Go to sourceforge.net (or any other internet speed test tool).
- From SourceForge website, click the blue "Test Now" button.
Once the test finishes, click on the blue “View Details” button to see the full report.
To save the results, go to your Chrome menu (upper right corner).
Select the file destination, click "Change".
From the pop-up window, choose "Save as PDF" then hit "Save".
The speed test is recommended for all users, home-based workers especially. To confirm a successful speed test, the ping to your router's network connection should be successful. It will show the current upload and download speed.
Your Sococo experience will be best with the following speed test results:
A latency of 150ms or less.
0% packet loss.
A minimum of 5 Mbps download speed.
A minimum of 2 Mbps upload speed.