This article provides information on how to fix the issue with too many notifications initiated by Slack and how to disable Slack integration for an individual account.
You may want to remove your Slack Integration due to the following reasons:
- You may be receiving too many notifications. If this is the case, please refer to the instructions below to update the notification settings.
- You may want to disconnect your personal Slack user while leaving your Organization connected.
The Slack integration most likely has been set up for your entire Sococo workspace by your Sococo Admin or your Slack Admin. You can either turn off the notifications or disable the Slack integration for your user.
Disabling Slack Integration Only for Your User
You can remove the integration just for yourself by following the steps below:
- Go to your Slack App Directory:
- Navigate to Manage > Sococo.
- Remove your individual integration by clicking Remove App.
Disabling Sococo Chat Notifications
If you receive too many or duplicate notifications, you can disable Sococo chat notifications. This way, you would only receive the Slack notifications.
You would need to uncheck Enable desktop notifications option for Sococo, as well as disable Show notification for I receive a chat message option.
One thing to keep in mind is that you will not get notifications for Room Chat. However, you would still see the number badging in Sococo to alert you to a new message.