Cached data are the bits and pieces of information stored locally on your computer by your browser. This allows quicker loading and displaying of images, cookies (if allowed), and other web content. Cached data is also pulled more quickly and efficiently from web servers.
In some cases, the Sococo web app stores so much of browsing information that it corrupts the browser cache, causing some features to malfunction or return runtime errors.
The purpose of this article is to help you to diagnose and resolve issues with the Chrome browser's cached data, which causes system malfunction or runtime errors in Sococo.
Sococo Browser Compatibility
- If you use Safari, Firefox, or another browser, check the browser's support site for instructions on clearing the browser cache and cookies.
- Google Chrome is the only browser that works seamlessly with Sococo in almost any operating system.
- Other browsers affect some features and functionality.
- If a particular browser is not supported, then the Sococo web app usually returns an error message when launched.
Common Issues Caused by Cached Data
At times, the cached data in Google Chrome can cause the following issues in Sococo:
- Runtime errors.
- Logging off from Sococo unexpectedly.
- Buttons, icons, or graphics are missing from the Sococo map, and the issue does not resolve with a refresh. For example:
- Doors appearing closed or opening unexpectedly
- Missing avatars
To solve these issues, you need to confirm that it is the cached data causing the problem and clear the cache.
Verifying the Need to Clear Cache
Confirm that it is the cached data causing the issue by following the process below:
- Launch a New Incognito Window.
- Open Sococo and log in.
- Determine if you continue to have the same issues, i.e., runtime error or missing buttons.
- Verify if the meeting rooms let you enter normally.
NOTE: Use test rooms only, which are not password-protected.
- Review and test the platform's UI.
Clearing the Browser Cache
- Log out of Sococo.
- From the Chrome browser's top right, click More .
- Click on More tools > Clear browsing data.
- At the top, choose a time range. To delete everything, select All time.
- Next to Cookies and other site data and Cached images and files, check the boxes.
- Click Clear data.
- Close all the Chrome tabs and windows.
- Re-launch Chrome and log in to Sococo as usual and check if the issues are resolved.