Cached data are the bits and pieces of information stored locally on your computer by your browser. This allows quicker loading and displaying of images, cookies (if allowed), and other web content. Cached data is also pulled more quickly and efficiently from web servers.
In some cases, the Sococo web app stores so much browsing information that it corrupts the browser cache, causing some features to malfunction or return runtime errors.
The purpose of this article is to help you diagnose and resolve issues with the browser's cached data.
Common Issues Caused by Cached Data
At times, the cached data in Google Chrome can cause the following issues in Sococo:
- Runtime errors.
- Logging off from Sococo unexpectedly.
- Buttons, icons, sound or graphics are missing from the Sococo map, and the issue does not resolve with a refresh. For example:
- Doors appearing closed or opening unexpectedly
- Missing avatars
- Missing notifications
To solve these issues, you need to confirm that it is the cached data causing the problem and then clear the cache.
Verifying the Need to Clear Cache
Confirm that it is the cached data causing the issue by following the process below:
- Launch a New Incognito Window.
- Open Sococo and log in.
- Determine if you continue to have the same issues, i.e., runtime error or missing buttons.
- Verify if the meeting rooms let you enter normally.
NOTE: Use test rooms only, which are not password-protected.
- Review and test the platform's UI.
Clearing the Browser Cache
Log out of Sococo.
Click at the top right corner of the Chrome browser.
Navigate to More tools > Clear browsing data.
At the top, choose a time range. To delete everything, select All time.
Select Cookies and other site data and Cached images and files.
Click Clear data.
Close all the Chrome tabs and windows.
Re-launch Chrome and log in to Sococo as usual and check if the issues are resolved.