Sococo connects teams no matter where each member might be located in reality. The portability is enhanced by its availability as a mobile application for Android and iOS devices. While the mobile app has certain limitations, it allows you to stay in a meeting while on-the-go.
Keep in mind that you can only have one active login session. So, ensure that you are not using Sococo mobile (for Android or iOS) and Sococo native Desktop application simultaneously.
This article provides more information on the limitations of what you can and cannot do while in the Sococo mobile app along with scenarios where the mobile app will help you stay connected.
Supported Mobile Operating Systems
- For Android: Sococo's Mobile App supports Android O/S versions Android 4.4 KitKat and later.
- For Apple devices: Sococo's Mobile App supports iOS 9 and later.
Use Cases for Sococo Mobile App
The Sococo mobile app allows you to stay connected with your team while working from anywhere. The list below provides suggestions on how Sococo Mobile can make your remote work in the virtual office more efficient. The scenarios mentioned below are some of the top reasons for having the app on your phone handy.
- If you need to catch a flight but also stay in a meeting in your workspace, use the Sococo app as you Uber to the airport or between platform transfers so you would not miss any important updates!
- Collaborate with your teammates from the coffee shop without needing to bring your laptop along. All you need is a stable wireless network connection and your smartphone which is compatible with Sococo Mobile.
- Use the Sococo mobile app to bring a subject matter expert back at the office into your conversation with a client onsite. No more "I'll get back to you's". Provide answers to questions on the spot!
- If the Sococo Mobile app is installed on your portable device, you can run Sococo from your iPad or Android tablet when you do not need to work from a computer.
Sococo Mobile App Limitations
While the new mobile app is awesome, it cannot be compared with the optimized functionality of all of the desktop platform features. There are certain limitations to using Sococo Mobile. These are listed below:
- When using the Sococo mobile app, you can view broadcasts of any screens shared by others using the Sococo application from their desktop. However, you will not be able to share your own screen using the mobile app.
- There is no ability to End Meeting or Send Everyone Home in the mobile app.
- Slack is not integrated with the mobile app, other than as a way to authenticate to login.
- Consequently, if you are working in a Slack-enabled workspace, chats exchanged via the Sococo mobile app will not be logged and recorded once you check your Slack app from a computer.