Other video conferencing and chat solutions may allow you to communicate with your teammates, but they do not allow you to truly connect like Sococo's virtual office. Communicating through conference tools is often asynchronous, overly structured, and formal, whereas working side-by-side in your Sococo online office allows you to collaborate in real-time such as when launching meeting discussions. When you work in Sococo, you do not just communicate but also work together. The Desktop native client has more features, but the Sococo mobile app allows portability.
This article demonstrates the steps required so you can attend or start your own meeting while on-the-go with Sococo Mobile.
Sococo Mobile is supported by the following Operating Systems:
- For Android: Sococo's Mobile App supports Android OS versions Android 4.4 KitKat and later.
- For Apple devices: Sococo's Mobile App supports iOS 9 and later.
Moving Around & Starting a Meeting
- Sign in to Sococo Mobile.
- Tap ROOMS in the top navigation bar to see where teammates are located and decide which room you want to enter.
Use the ROOMS tab to see where teammates are located.
Usually each room will have the following options:
KNOCK on the door before entering if the host does not allow immediate entry to the meeting room. This requires approval from the meeting host.
ENTER the room immediately.
START MEETING to launch your own meeting.
You can also invite a teammate to join you by tapping the GET radio button next to the teammate's name.
Tips for Meeting Controls
- The teammate must be online before the GET SELECTED button will allow you to invite them.
- Use the media toolbar at the bottom of the screen to turn on listening (headset icon) and activate your microphone for voice input (microphone icon, second to the left). You can also join the meeting via video conference by clicking the video camera icon. If the device has front and rear cameras, you can toggle between cameras by tapping the camera icon.
Check if your teammates can hear you in the meeting once the headset icon and microphone are turned on. There should be no red slashes in the headset and microphone icons. If the video is activated, your teammates should be able to see and hear you on the video call.