Rooms in a Sococo workspace have walls that team members could use to post URLs to calendars, project dashboards, and third-party browser-based software applications (Google Documents, Sheets, PDFs, and many others). Shares, a Sococo feature, allows collaboration by being able to add these items in walls and any Sococo unit within the space.
Shares give ready access to information and tools in rooms. This article provides more information on the benefits of using Shares and what it can do while you are in a Sococo workspace.
If you need more information on room shares, read Viewing Room Shares.
Importance of Using Shares
Makes Work Transparent and Collaborative
- Just like with a physical office space, any team member can “walk” the halls of your Sococo workspace and view Shares to see what the team’s up to, where they are in a project, understand important background information, and more.
Centralizes Links, Documents, and Resources
- Rather than sharing screens each time you meet, a team can have all the necessary files and links in one place, keeping everyone on the same page. Sococo keeps the items on a wall so you will not lose any URL even after the meeting has ended.
- Everyone has easy access to all necessary parts of a project. Need the spreadsheet on X, or to add something to the brainstorm on Y? With Shares, your teams can centralize all the content— spreadsheets, calendars, budget, and any other valuable resource for a project inside specific meeting rooms dedicated to the project.
Creating a Warm Welcome
- Shares can also be placed in unconventional areas. Greet visitors in your lobby with a welcome message and provide helpful information such as a floor map, the organizational chart or the mission and vision of the team.
- You can also add a link to your company website, a list of FAQs, or, how about a video greeting for any guest?!
Staying Organized, Sort Those Files
- Keep documents and links for active projects in designated project rooms.
- In other organizations, the HR team or Search Committee meets to discuss potential hires, add Shares for each candidate being discussed with direct links to their LinkedIn profiles.
- Similarly, team metrics and individual performance and stack rank can also be posted in a team room or a common workspace, allowing visibility for everyone to be more engaged and competitive!
- Working on a big new idea? Add a share to link to a third-party whiteboard application to facilitate brainstorming. This allows everyone the ability to pitch in with an idea.
Keeping Everyone Updated
- Use Shares in your communal workspaces to link group calendars, interesting reads, important news articles and announcements about your company, or any other info you’d like to make easily accessible. Stand Up Hall spaces can hold Shares on the next meeting's agenda or maybe questions that the CEO parked for the next discussion.
- Does your content team have a style guide? Keep it in a central spot where writers gather.
- Planning a retreat? Use a Share with a link to an RSVP, or even a poll on the date or location.