When using the Sococo application in the browser, to be able to use the microphone and camera, you will need to allow it on the browser page permissions. This is a standard security requirement implemented in WebRTC technology used by Sococo. There may be instances where your browser might not present you the notification to Allow the media. However, the application would ask you to enable your devices with "Click Allow to enable your microphone and camera."
The notification shown below would enable you to Allow or Block your media for the Sococo app.
If this notification is not visible, follow the process below to enable your media for Sococo.
- Click on the padlock icon (View site information) next to your browser URL address.
Note: Do not use Incognito mode for every-day Sococo use as it will not store or allow some features.
- Review the settings for your media on the Sococo app.
- Update the Camera and Microphone permissions. Click Allow to enable your microphone and camera.
To confirm that the Microphone and Camera are enabled in the browser, follow the steps below:
- In the top-right corner, try turning the microphone and camera ON.
- If the process is successful, you will be able to share your media, and icons will not be grayed out.
- If the process was not successful, and your media is still disabled, you will see a notification on the screen with steps on how to enable it.
Follow the steps on the notification or repeat the process from this article.