Sococo uses Amazon Chime as an embedded solution for video, audio, and screen sharing, and it has limits in using it. On a monthly level, every Organization with a basic Sococo plan has a limit on available media minutes that can be used, based on the number of seats. When the limit is reached, the usage of embedded media will be blocked for all users in the organization. After that, a notification will appear that you need to purchase more minutes.
You have reached your limit of media usage for the month.
Note: The amount of available media minutes for your subscription resets at the start of each month regardless of your billing period.
Sococo is working hard to implement new integrations and provide a great experience to all our customers. A vital part of that strategy is to shift the software to a 'horizontal platform.' This will speed the rate at which we can innovate, add critical flexibility to future-proof your investment, and make life easier by enabling you to use productivity tools you already have (video conferencing, chat, project management, etc.) within the Sococo environment.
To accelerate the strategic shift of the product to the platform - we will be transitioning all customers to be primarily on the new horizontal platform and plug in their own video conferencing providers.
Media Usage Limit
Sococo is still including the 'embedded' media solution - but will be limiting it for basic subscriptions to 500 minutes per paid seat per month of audio, video, and screen sharing with an option to purchase more minutes. The total media allowance will be applied to your organization and available for all members to use.
Note: Your Organization will have 500 minutes times the number of users in the Org as the total Organization media allowance. The total media allowance (e.g., for ten users, the Org has 5,000 minutes) can be used by all users without a strict division (e.g., one user can use 2300 minutes, and others can use 300 minutes) until the total allowance is used.
Counted media are Audio-Microphone, video camera, and screen sharing, and they count as combined media minutes.
- Listening to Room audio does NOT count as media minutes. Only active/outgoing media counts.
- Every user in the Org contributes to the total media usage whenever one of the above media buttons is enabled.
- Organization administrators will be notified by email as you approach your limit (at the 85%, 90%, and 95% thresholds).
- Once the limit has been reached, media will be disabled for all members of your organization, and members will receive an in-app notification. Chat and use of integrations will still be available.
Administrators can review the current usage report and have the option of buying additional blocks of 1,000 minutes at $5/block at any time from the billing menu. Additional purchased minutes will be applied immediately.
Note: Sococo integrates with several top video conferencing providers such as:
with additional solutions coming soon. These integrations will not count against your media allowance.
- Listening in the room, looking at other's video and screen shares, do not count as media usage.
- Enabling a microphone, camera, and/or screen share in a room for 10 minutes counts as 10 media minutes, no matter how many features are enabled. They are not counted separately.
- Media usage for guests is being measured the same way as for any user.
- When the limit is reached, your media buttons will not be responsive. You will not be able to turn on the microphone, camera, or screen share.
- Unused minutes from the previous month DO NOT roll over to the following month.
- The smallest unit of measure is a minute. e.g. Using screen share for 5min and 10sec counts as 6min.
- Accounts on the Sococo Unlimited pricing plan will have unlimited media minutes per seat per month.