When Sococo members try to connect their G Suite account to use the Google Hangouts integration, they can get an error message indicating there was an Authorization Error - 400 admin_policy_enforced. This error is not related to the Sococo app, but to the configuration made by the G Suite administrator that restricts access to third-party apps to the Google Workspace data. This article provides the steps to allow Sococo to access your organization's Google Workspace.
When you start a Hangouts meeting for the first time and need to connect your G Suite account to Sococo, you get an error stating that the admin policy was enforced and Sococo cannot be authorized.
To resolve the error, the G-Suite administrator needs to allow access to Sococo. If you can access the Google Admin console with your account, these changes can be made by you. Otherwise, contact the administrator for your organization and ask them to follow these steps.
- Log in to the Google Admin console.
- From the Home page, go to Security API controls.
- Under App access control, click MANAGE THIRD-PARTY APP ACCESS.
- Add a filter to find the Sococo app in the list. Enter "Sococo" in the Contains field, and click APPLY.
- Check the box for Sococo and click Change access
- Choose the Trusted option to allow access to all Google services.
- Click CHANGE.
Once access has been granted, on the apps page of the Google Admin console, the Access column will display Trusted for Sococo. In Sococo, try starting a Hangouts meeting again. You should be able to grant permissions to the app and start the meeting without issues.