When starting a meeting, Sococo does a quick check to determine whether there are media devices available. The error Camera access permissions not granted will be displayed if Sococo is not able to access the camera. This article provides information on the root cause and the steps that need to be taken to be able to turn the video on during a meeting.
- If you are using the web app, grant the necessary media access permissions. If the browser is not allowed to access the camera, the Sococo web app will not be able to detect it.
- If you are using the desktop app, or using the web app but have already allowed your browser to access your webcam, your camera cannot be accessed because other applications or websites are actively using it.
- Use the taskbar and check all of the tabs in Google Chrome to identify the application using the webcam.
- Close the application, or turn off the camera.
- Go back to Sococo, and turn your video on. The video tile should be displayed and your avatar should indicate your video is on.