Previously, Sococo had a "Listen Off" functionality that allowed users to mute the sound in the room originating from other members. In release 6.20, we upgraded our media infrastructure, and the "Listen Off" feature was removed in order to closely align with the User Experience of other collaboration tools. This article provides alternatives to the Listen Off option.
Step 1. Move to another room
When a Sococo meeting is hosted in a room, everyone in the room will be able to see and hear other members who have enabled their media features, as well as see any screens that are being shared. If you are not part of the meeting, you can stop listening to the members in the room by moving to another room.
Step 2. Mute/Turn off your speakers
If moving to another room is not an option, turn off or mute your speakers while the meeting is taking place. To mute the speakers:
- For Mac users:
- Go to System Preferences > Sound > Output.
- Click on the Mute checkbox.
- For Windows users, right-click on the volume icon in your Windows task tray. You will either see Playback devices or Open Sound settings (depending on your version of Windows).
- If you see Playback devices, click on this option, and in the pop-up window that opens, double-click on your speakers on the list.
- In the Speakers Properties window, go to the Levels tab.
- Click on the speaker icon to mute your speakers.
- If you see Open Sound settings, click on this option.
- Click on Device properties below the Choose your output device option
- Check the Disable option to mute your speakers.
Step 3. Ask your teammates to turn off the mic
If a meeting is not taking place in the room, but one of the members in the room has the microphone turned on by mistake and is broadcasting music or other sounds, ask them to turn off their mic. To identify who has their microphone enabled:
- Go to the People Pane on the left of the app.
- Check the icons of all the members in the same room as you (People in <room name>).
A small blue microphone icon indicates that they are broadcasting.
Step 4. Mute the Google Chrome Tab
If you are accessing Sococo via Google Chrome, you can mute the audio from the tab where Sococo is running.
- Right-click the tab header
- Select "Mute Site".
- To reactivate sound, right-click on Sococo's tab again and select Unmute Site.