Meeting quality is greatly affected by the Chime region used by the space. It is recommended to select the region closest to most of the users in the space. However, as the distance between the selected region and the geographical location of a team member increases, meeting quality decreases. This article describes the process to improve the meeting quality when team members are geographically located far away from each other.
- Administrator or Moderator role is required to update the video settings for Sococo meetings.
All meeting participants
- Go to AWS Cloud Ping
- Click on HTTP Ping to estimate the network latency based on your location.
- Review the results of all attendees and find a middle point for all users. It is recommended to select a region with a latency of 150ms or less.
- Go to the Space Properties as described in Configuring Video Settings for Sococo Meetings.
- Select the Chime region that was chosen in step 3.
Once the Chime region has been updated, start a Sococo meeting. Meeting quality should have improved and all members in the room should be able to communicate clearly through audio and video. If this is not the case, try again with a different Chime region.